Hi friends! After a long blogging hiatus, I’m glad to be back writing again. I have missed it and have missed connecting with you here. Although, I have to say it has been wonderful interacting with some of you over in social media and my email community! If you have not subscribed yet, do so HERE! And please come “Say hi!” at my Instagram and Facebook pages too. 🙂
Light Your Candle
This blogging break has been so good in many ways, and most importantly – God has shown me that He is faithful as I seek His face and His will, and I have learned to light my candle – even in dark times.
One of the major change that I’d to deal with was our decision to put E in school much earlier than I’d initially planned for. When everything became official, there were so many days that I felt torn between doing my blog work and spending more time with her. In the end, I chose to shelf this blog aside, trusting that God will provide the finances needed to cover my monthly blogging expenses (yes, it costs me to do this little ministry) and to put E as my priority. I wanted to put in extra effort in training and discipling her before her season of school started.
Anyway, I’ve got lots of updates coming up, which I’m getting very excited about!
Meanwhile, here are a few highlights of my break:
- We went for church camp with my parents in June. God unexpectedly healed me from 2 very broken relationships that hurt me in the past few years by reminding me of who He is, and of the people who never left. Sometimes, all it takes is a God-shift in perspective. It was also good family bonding time during the camp!
- E had fun at My Messy Box, and we brought home 2 boxes of fun sensory kits. She still plays with them today! Go check them out. 🙂
- We went to HongKong Disneyland as part of our countdown to school for E, and all of us had a blast! I was almost in tears a few times. 😉 Such a happy, fun-filled place. I want to go again!
- One of the best decisions this year has been to intentionally carve out a protected 3 weeks of counting down to E starting school. I shelved many things aside and just focused on planning simple, joyful bonding activities and this is now one of my sweetest memory with her.
- Attended PraySingapore and it was amazing to have that fresh vision and mission to reach the lost in Singapore. One of you dear readers even told me that you saw me there! 🙂 Would you join me in praying for our dear land too?
As I reflected on the past few months of rest and sweet grace of God that has seen us through several changes and transitions on the home-front, I’m filled with thanksgiving for who He is – always faithful, always gracious and merciful, always loving. He has brought healing and restoration in more ways than one, and in ways that I never saw coming. God is my King, and I am so honored to be called His Beloved, His princess. By His grace, I get to experience the real Hope in Him and I get to light my candles even in dark, challenging times.
Lastly, as some of you already know, we are also praying and waiting for a 2nd miracle baby, and I’m preparing my heart (and body) for possibly going through more infertility treatments in the coming months. I’m trying to physically rest more while also giving my best to my other responsibilities.
The aim is to have a blog post published at least once a week/fortnight, but I ask for your grace if that doesn’t happen because well – LIFE happens. 😉
I’m excited for what is in store as I continue to share my story and I welcome you to join me in this adventure that God is writing.
One of it is that I’m going to launch my (online) shop soon! Yay! More details coming right up. 😉 This year has indeed been a year of BRAVE for me.
Now, tell me – how have YOU been?? 🙂 May you light your candle too.
Related post: What I Have Learned in My Season of Quiet