Routines are the foundations for smooth and fruitful days. Even a 2-month-old baby thrives on routines, as they learn to know what to expect. As we grow older and our plates get more and more filled up, routines make a big difference to our sanity! Simplifying our routines to one that is attainable most of the time will give us confidence in our homemaking, and we will be setting a good example for our children to follow in time to come.
So for this second half of the “Simplify & Organize” series, I’ll be sharing the homemaking routines that have been working for me. I hope these practical tips help you!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure here.
How to Simplify & Organize
A) My Daily Routine
5am Exercise & Quiet Time
6am Prepare breakfast & work on my blog
7am Breakfast & Reading the Bible aloud
9am Indoor/Outdoor play
11am E naps
12nn Cook lunch
2pm Work on my blog & finish Laundry
3pm Prepare for Dinner
4pm Homeschool / Reading
5pm E takes her dinner
6pm Indoor/Outdoor play
7pm Dinner & prepare E for bedtime
8pm E’s bedtime & plan for next day
9pm Time with husband & meal plan, defrost food
10pm Read & Bedtime
B) Daily Household Chores: (these are non-negotiables)
- Make beds
- Wash dishes & sink
- Change dishcloths
- Wipe kitchen counters
- Wipe down bathrooms
- Empty Trash
- Do laundry
C) Simple Daily Routine for 2-year-olds:
Put dirty clothes in the laundry basket and start washing machine cycle
Brush teeth (with our help of course!)
Help to pick up the room
Set the table
Water plants (use small watering can/cup)
Fold washcloths and put away laundry
Pick up toys and put into toy-boxes
D) Weekly routines:
- Clean refrigerator and plan meals according to leftover food and ingredients, and discount coupons
- Make shopping list
- Deep-clean bathrooms
- Replenish stock of toilet paper in bathrooms
- Clean bathroom mirrors
- Dust living room
- Mop kitchen
- Clip E’s nails
- Change bedsheets
- Dust E’s room
- Schedule time for self-care
E) Monthly routines:
- Clean oven
- Clean out purse/wallet & sort discount coupons
- Clean glass items
- Clean computer screen and mouse
- Plan next month’s birthdays and celebrations
- Clean kitchen cabinets
- Freshen up home with flowers & plants
- Clean bathtub and shower
- Dust light-bulbs/lamps
- Refill liquid soap dispensers
- Clean out the car
- Wash rugs
- Wipe down freezer
F) Quarterly routines:
- Replace toothbrushes
- Organize storeroom
- Update family photos
- Pick a spot to declutter
- Clean up computer files and documents
- Schedule me-time
Pick and choose a few of these routines to try out and tweak along the way! Very soon, you’ll be able to find a rhythm that works for you and your family.
If you want more organization tips and easy-to-follow homemaking and cleaning routines, I highly recommend the 12 Months of Simplified Living: Printable Calendar Subscription by Stephanie O’Dea – she breaks it down by month so all you need to do is print the month’s sheets out, complete them and look forward to the next month’s!
This is just one of the amazing resources included in the 2018 Ultimate Homemaking Bundle by the way! It contains so many resources for simplifying and organizing your life, time management, self-care, faith and intentional living.
The bundle costs USD29.97 and it includes: 62 eBooks, 30 eCourses, 34 printables & workbooks, 3 membership sites & fun-filled bonuses! Plus, it comes with complimentary eReader so you can easily read these resources on the go!
From 11 April to 16 April 2018, you’ll get this bundle at a steal!
Value = USD3687.47
Price = USD29.97 (at an incredible 98% off!)
A few of the resources that I’m most keen on are:
- A Montessori-inspired Life: an age-appropriate guide to Montessori with your Toddler by Holly Daniel (I’m currently using her Teaching Toddlers course to teach my girl the alphabets!) – it is very detailed yet easy enough to follow. Retails: $16
- Choose Rest: Biblical Self-care Practices by Gina Porier – serving our families from a state of rest makes such a difference, and learning the biblical basis for it to do so will help keep us motivated! Retails: $37
- 4 Weeks to a More Productive Life by Crystal Paine – I love Crystal’s very practical and realistic approach to teaching. Learning to manage my time so I can lead a purposeful and fruitful life is my desire. Retails: $17
- 12 Months of Simplified Living: Printable Calendar Subscription by Stephanie O’Dea – These printable calendar pages are for busy households — which means they are definitely for you! All daily, weekly, monthly, seasonal, and quarterly chores for the house and family are included — no more guessing. 😉 Retails: $47
You’ll see that the total value of the above is already USD117, which far exceeds the cost of the bundle (USD29.97)! With this small investment, you will get the inspiration, motivation and carefully curated tools that you need to simplify and organize your home-life! This price is too good to miss, so do get yours asap.
Related post: Ultimate Homemaking Bundle 2018!
Creating a home of order and loveliness is not an impossible task, but it does take intention and practice. May we pass on the godly vision of homemaking to our children by first living it out well in our lives today!