Hi friends! So I thought having a short evaluation and reflection on the things I’ve been doing and the lessons I’ve learned would be a good way to end off each month with thanksgiving and move onto the next month with clarity and purpose. I hope these little glimpses into my life will inspire you in your day-to-day life too!
- Discovered my Word for the year: BRAVE.
- Started taking meal-planning & eating healthy and nutrient-dense foods a lot more seriously. (Kombucha has made a big difference for me!)
- Received amazing appreciation for my weekly Q&A over InstaStories, which I’m so incredibly touched by.
- Spent intentional time with the family at Universal Studios (fireworks, kids shows, chasing Minions!) and at home.
- Less distracted and more present with E. Saying YES more to her. A happy child makes for a happy Mama! She loves to give “squeezy hugs”.
- Started clearing the clutter to prepare for Chinese New Year!
- Attended our first homeschool co-op and made wonderful new friends.
- Celebrated Daddy’s birthday! 🙂
- Preparing myself for another round of solo-parenting.
- Books I’m reading: Let’s All Be Brave // Simply Tuesday
- Learned to simplify my days further, and limit my to-do lists. I’m a paper kind of girl.
- Liberal use of liquid paper in my planner gives me sanity. 😉
- Having balance in my days means I need to have fierce and ruthless examination of my priorities – all the time.
- Prioritizing thinking/planning time keeps my stress level in check. I like to have a clear roadmap instead of bumbling about aimlessly.
- Had a lovely time at my cousin’s wedding – it was a weekend of family love & joy!
- I’m sleeping a lot earlier these nights, and feel much more rested.
How to Balance Priorities
Living life as a Mum in our modern society can be so overwhelming. There are so many new, fantastic places to bring your child to, exciting and enriching classes and events to stimulate their minds, birthday parties to organize, in-laws to care for…the list is endless.
Living brave means we choose wisely and purposefully, eliminating the unnecessary and prioritizing the essentials.
As we learn how to balance priorities at the feet of Jesus, may we make intentional choices to yield to His plans in the everyday moments of our life, knowing that we cannot do too much in each unique season.
Related post: What I Have Learned in my Season of Quiet
I’m in desperate need of this myself too, and I know that when our lives and hearts get too crowded with clutter, we will sadly find there is not enough room for God.
So let us be gatekeepers of our lives, start seeking His wisdom and direction each day, remember what is most important, and put away stuff that does not matter – in our homes, as well as deep in the recesses of our hearts.
God is the Master Artist, and I’m learning that He uses all the different colors and shades to create a beautiful masterpiece of our lives. That means there will be the dark shades and the grey areas, and real-life means it is never just a simple straight line – and that is good because that shows us how amazing God is in weaving every messy thing for His glory.
He is our ultimate source of Light, and when Light shines in the darkness, darkness cannot overcome it. In fact, darkness showcases the beauty of Light so much more. And the Light that He gives us at each step will help us balance what matters most.
Balancing our priorities starts with knowing what is our portion, and it always, always starts at the feet of Jesus. 🙂