It is close to the end of January, and many of us may have started out strong on our goals but may be losing steam and losing our way sometime this week. It is okay! We will not have perfectly smooth-sailing days, but we can – by His grace – get ourselves back on track again.
Here are 15 simple ways to continue having a purposeful start to 2018! Try one today. 🙂
This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my disclosure here.
Ways to Have a Purposeful Start
- Declutter your home. Be ruthless – throw or donate!
- Complete your reflection & evaluation of 2017. Yes, we can still do this, even in the middle of January. 😉
- Create your mission statement. Go even further and create a Family Mission Statement.
- Set 1 goal for the next 3 months. It is so much more manageable than setting goals for the entire year.
- Anchor your One Word for 2018 with Scripture. Choose a bible verse that resonates with your word, and keep meditating on that.
- Create or update your budget.
- Create a new routine for this new season. (You will find a variety of planner printables in my Resource Library.)
- Fill in your calendar with all the important birthdates for 2018.
- Put away all Christmas decor and Christmas books! I know, some of us just want to linger a little longer…but it’s time.
- Declutter and organize your living area. Even better, spruce it up with some flowers.
- Clean out your inbox! I clear out the previous year’s emails at the beginning of every year and it feels amazing.
- Catch up on laundry! Just do an extra load today.
- Create a good morning routine. (Check out Crystal Paine’s Make Over Your Morning course!)
- Choose just 1 habit to develop this February. Plan ahead to set it up for success!
- Count your blessings. Being grateful for the small & big things changes our outlook on life almost instantly, and has been shown to be good for our health! Let us be appreciative.
It does not take much to have a purposeful start, but it does take some intentional action. Choose one (or three!) to do this week! As you do so, you may find yourself enjoying not just the decluttering of your home, but the decluttering of your soul too.
May you settle into a rhythm of life this new year that is simple, rich and purposeful.
p/s: If you want to take the above steps further and go deeper into decluttering your home, parent your children with ease and purpose, as well as cultivate a healthier, happier life – look out for the amazing “Bundle Festival” happening tomorrow! I’ll be sharing details soon, but meanwhile here are some dates to take note! 😉
22/1 Monday – Healthy Living Bundle
23/1 Tuesday – Parenting Super Bundle
24/1 Wednesday – Herbs & Essential Oils Bundle
25/1 Thursday – Fitness Bundle
26/1 Friday – Conquer Your Clutter Bundle