I am starting my Gratitude Post for April with thanksgiving for being nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award! Blogging has brought me way out of my comfort zone so many times. I would have long given up on this if it weren’t for you – my dear readers.
So when BlendedLifeHappyWife nominated me in this, it was a sweet moment of being appreciated by a fellow blogger, and it encouraged me to keep going. 🙂
Below you can find the rules of participating in Blogger Recognition Award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog
- Write a post to show your award
- Give a brief story of how your blog started
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How my blog started
I have been blogging for personal memories’ sake since several years ago in Livejournal (hi to those who have stuck around!), but it was only in October 2016 that I felt led by God to use this blogging platform to serve others instead of merely using it to record bits and pieces of my life. I’ve always felt it was amazing how online friendships can be formed, and I give thanks for the encouragement and love that I’ve received from such sweet souls over the years.
In October 2016, I committed to writing daily about my infertility journey and the feedback I received online and in real life from friends and ex-colleagues went beyond my expectations! I was so moved by you that I kept writing night after night, no matter how tired I was.
Took a break after that 31-days writing challenge to rest and reflect on what God had done, and in less than 2 weeks, God worked everything out for me to relaunch my blog with a brand new layout and a new vision for how I can serve my readers on 13 November 2016. I consider that date the birth of Snuggles & Kisses, where I share on motherhood, faith & homemaking. 🙂
Advice for New Bloggers
I don’t consider myself an expert in this blogging thing, but two lessons that I have learned and hold close to my heart are these:
- Write authentically, and true to your heart. You have a unique voice and stories from your life experience that only you can tell. Stick to that, and don’t feel like you need to measure up to other “big blogger’s” style of writing.
- Blogging is not for the faint-hearted. It doesn’t look like much, but there is a lot of work that goes behind everything. Faithfully put your time and energy into it, and sincerely connect with your readers, but leave the outcome to God’s hands and timing. God’s definition of success is wildly different from what the world says it should be, and all He asks is for us to trust Him and be faithful.
Blogger Recognition Award
I Would Like to Recognize and Nominate the Following Bloggers and Their Blogs for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Missus Tay
- Raising Faith
- Always with Me (excellent podcasts too!)
- Mum in the Making
- Homemaking for His Glory
- Kirsty Dee
- Exploring Domesticity
- Mama Wear Papa Shirt
- The Petite Wanderess
- Joyful Iowan
- All Days Beautiful
- Liz Wilcox
- Mom and Carrot
I hope you find wonderful new blogs to read! 🙂
April was my birthday month, so my favorite memories were around lunch with friends and a fruitful outing to SEA Aquarium with Ellie. She has also been enjoying bubble play, time at the park and lots of reading. It has been a great month of thanksgiving!
I will forever be grateful for God’s daily mercies and grace, and in this new year, I pray that my life and this blogging ministry will be an instrument used by Him to bring others closer to Christ.
May you be blessed, dear friends. Always know that you are deeply loved.