I was tagged by the lovely Cheri from Absolutely Cheri to do the challenge on 10 Ways I am #Rocking Motherhood, and I thought it was an interesting idea! It was a little awkward thinking about how well I was doing (isn’t it easier to think otherwise?), but here is my sharing:
10 Ways I am #RockingMotherhood
- Ellie is happy, healthy and safe. That in itself should fill up 3 points (ha!), but really – that is a huge thanksgiving for me. To see her smile and grow up day by day is such a joy. 🙂
- Breastfeeding was an extremely tough journey for me. I had mastitis twice (boohoo) and had to go for a breast abscess surgery (big ouch), but I managed to persevere for slightly more than a year of being an Exclusively Pumping mama. Hurray.
- I do my best to protect my emotional capacity by always remembering the “oxygen mask” mentality. I fill up my love tank with God’s refreshing love, knowing that it is the only way I can authentically pour into others’ lives.
- Ellie has a strong bond with me. It is so sweet to hear her call me “Mama” and she gives the sweetest hugs and kisses.
- I can endure Ellie’s mess as she learns to use utensils to feed herself. It is still the beginning stage so I am prepared for the mess. Thank God for wet wipes!
- I recognise the need to be a godly role model and example for Ellie to look up to. I’m conscious of the fact that she learns how to be a wife and mum from my living example, and I seek to do my best in role-modelling that for her.
- Somehow, I am able to Tula Ellie, carry a huge diaper bag and buy lots of groceries all on my own. I do this a few times each week and it has become part of our normal routine! I’m not sure where all the strength comes from, but I guess I’m used to it by now.
- I can multitask when needed, and be fully present in the moment with Ellie whenever I choose to. I think it’s a gift for all Mums!
- Have been bringing Ellie out twice a day, every day ever since she could fit in the Tula carrier. I didn’t think much of it till my friends’ surprised reactions. We really enjoy going out though!
- I rely on my Mighty God’s strength to carry me through each day of motherhood. That truly is the main reason of how I can rock this motherhood thing! His grace is always more than sufficient for my every need.
This is a blurry picture, but I love it so much. Snuggling before bedtime is the best way to unwind. 🙂
Friends, it’s only by His grace that I’m #rockingmotherhood.
If you would like to hone your motherhood and homemaking skills with a biblically-strong approach, I highly recommend this course: <My Homemaking Mentor> Academy. I have personally benefited a lot from the wisdom of these amazing mentors, so do check it out soon!
Tagging these Mums to do it (if you’re so inclined!):
Cayce from All Days Beautiful
Elizabeth from What Mama Knows
Kirsty from Kirsty Dee
Lynn from Raising Faith
Justina from Mum in the Making