Christmas is drawing near! How are you preparing for it? Christmas is one of my absolute favorite celebrations and in recent years, I have intentionally tried to focus my heart on the main reason for Christmas – the miraculous birth of Jesus.
Wherever you are in this Christmas season, there are beautiful memories to create and savor, so let us take the time to do so!
(1) Advent Devotional
To help us prepare our hearts for Christmas, I have created a FREE Advent Devotional for subscribers of my blog! Just enter your email address above to subscribe and it will go straight into your inbox. 🙂
(2) Christmas Recipes
What is Christmas without desserts? Today I would like to share with you two of my favorite dessert recipes which are super simple to bake – vanilla cupcakes and chewy brownies!
(1) Vanilla Cupcakes – makes 12
125g unsalted butter, softened
175g caster sugar
1 tbsp vanilla extract
125g self-raising flour, sieved
50g plain flour, sieved
- Preheat oven to 190C. Line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- Whisk the butter, sugar and vanilla extract together using an electric whisk or a wooden spoon until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, flours and buttermilk and whisk till combined and fluffy.
- Divide equally between the paper cases, filling them about 2/3 full, and bake in the oven for 18-20 minutes until golden and risen. Leave to cool in the tin for 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to go cold.
- Top with your favorite icing and topper! 🙂
(2) Chewy Brownies – makes 9 squares
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup unsifted flour
1/3 cup cocoa
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 176C. In a large bowl, blend together the butter, sugar and vanilla. Add the eggs one at a time with a wooden spoon beating well after each addition.
- In a small bowl, combine cocoa, flour, baking powder and salt. Gradually beat this into the butter mixture using a wooden spoon. Spread in a greased 9×9 inch pan and bake for about 20 minutes until set in the middle and the edges pull away from the pan.
- Cool and cut brownies into desired size.
To make it easy for you, I have created these pretty Recipes Printables with the above recipes included, as well as blank pages for you to fill in your own personal favorites!
Download them here:
(3) Christmas Shopping
Shopping has been made easier than ever before with the ease of online access! I have always loved shopping from Amazon and receiving packages makes me so happy. 🙂
Here are a few of my recommendations for your Gift list for Mamas!
(Disclosure: the following contains affiliate links towards which I may earn a small compensation – with no additional cost to you. Thank you for helping me support this blog and my family! See my full disclosure here.)
Burt’s Bees Classics Gift Set – Perfect for pampering Mums!
Snoozies Mary Jane Socks – These are so adorable!
Inspired to Grace Verses for Women: A Christian Coloring Book – This will be so therapeutic!
Nest Fragrances Votive Candle – You can never have too many candles.
Lenox 2016 Snow Fantasies Snowflake Ornament – This is so pretty!!
Precious Moments “Our First Christmas Together 2016” Bisque Porcelain Ornament – This will be making those Precious Moments collectors so happy!
Rubbermaid FreshWorks Produce Saver Food Storage Containers – For the practical mama. 🙂
KitchenAid Stand Mixer – This classic never fails. Get it for the one who loves to bake and she will be so delighted!
LINENSPA Shredded Foam Reading Pillow – This is bliss, especially for the bookworms.
“But First, Coffee” Rustic Wooden Sign – Do I need to say more? 🙂 Mums practically live on caffeine.
In addition, pop over to my previous post on “10 Best Books for the Christian Mum” for more Christmas gift ideas!
(4) My Christmas Pinterest Board
More inspiration can be found at my Pinterest board on Christmas! There are literally tons of ideas just waiting for you to choose from.
(5) Christmas Desktop Wallpaper
In the festive mood, I have created a Christmas desktop wallpaper for all of you! I love it so much, and I pray that it will bless your heart.
You are specially handmade by God. You are His precious beloved creation. Never forget that!
Download it here: Christmas Desktop Wallpaper
(6) Create your Christmas Memories Binder!
Personalize your own “Christmas Memories ” binder! Print this journal out and cherish it for years to come. 🙂
Download it here: Christmas Memories Journal
Sharing the meaning of Christmas
Ultimately, Christmas is all about remembering and honoring the birth of Jesus. This message must not be lost in all the festivities. It is truly all about Jesus and giving thanks to God for providing a Savior for all mankind. How are you sharing this Truth to your children?
In this digital age where there are so many things competing for our children’s attention, we need to be purposeful in sharing the real meaning of Christmas with our children. Start small, but start somewhere today. We can do it!
Happy December everybody! 🙂